Sunday, May 3, 2009

the end is nigh

I'm so glad for this semester to be over. I'm down to one paper, and less than 10 test to grade. I've decided, once again, to change the focus of this blog to examine eco-friendly lifestyle changes. See the subtitle: using less and being more. Although it's a simple, memorable mantra, actually making these changes everyday will be difficult. I'll admit it-- I'm a spoiled American who gets baffled and frustrated when I don't receive instant gratification. Recognizing that, I realize that these long-term changes will be require a shift in structure and priorities. Those habits are not easily rewritten. Still, I think the long-term impact will be necessary as the human race runs into a new Malthusian trap: the limitations of natural resources.

This week's goals?
1) Finish the semester.
2) Eat more meals at home.
3) Plant some basil!

No comments: