Sunday, April 12, 2009

morning has broken...

...even though I'm posting this at 8:09pm. Easter is a day of morning, of new beginnings and fresh starts. In the past month, I've had those left and right. So here's my top ten list of the past week.

10. Intramural softball team came back from a 1-10 deficit in the 2nd inning to a 13-10 win by the end of the 6th inning!

9. Mail with forwarding sticker is showing up at new address. Thanks, USPS!

8. washer+dryer=laundry at home=a glorious feeling

7. The rain encourages reading and writing, while watering the plants, trees, and water system. I like the rain.

6. successful group presentation in Thursday's grad seminar class!

5. Every time I watch a Northern Exposure episode, I'm reminded of why it's STILL one of my favorite shows. Season 5 Discs 3 and 4 contained some of my favorite episodes, and thanks to Netflix, showed up when I needed some soul food. Yes, yes, I know it gets weird in Season 6.

4. Interlibrary Loan. I *heart* those folks. They deserve a raise!

3. My job is temporary, with low pay and low status, but it opens doors and offers a great deal of flexibility. I love my job.

2. My mom, who does not read this blog, deserves a shout-out for helping me put my apartment into order last weekend. I'm glad she's in my corner.

1. Finally... the new apartment feels like home. There's no place like it.

4.

No comments: