...My little brain's been rattling with ideas, especially after having such a restful Thanksgiving break, but I've been devoting my organizational and writing skills to a historiography paper, scheduling, and Christmas cards. Look for a fuller explanation of teasers come winter break.
+ Growing my own supply of tomatoes and basil on my patio+
The two summers have been mildly successful experiments, so this year I'm planning ahead from containers to soil to plant varieties.
+ the one-hundred push-up challenge+
Right now I'm doing between 15-20 modified knee push-ups four-six days a week with my variation of The Prison Workout. Goal #1 one hundred modified knee push-ups. Goal #2 one hundred full-body push-ups.
+ observing a traditional Lent+
I've never done this before, as I grew up in an town with no Catholic church, and one liturgically-minded denomination. My current church, Disciples of Christ, celebrates the season of Lent, but does not require the traditional Lent practices. The idea is appealing, but there's a lot of research I would need to do.
+ a pescetarian diet (the spelling is questionable)+
A pescetarian is a vegetarian who also eats fish, in addition to animal by-products such as eggs, milk products, and cheese. It's a very similar diet to that practiced during a traditional Lent. The boyfriend and I have talked about eating more fish; he for weight-loss, and I for long-term health-benefits. This, too, would require additional research and some experimentation. I don't want to become anemic or pass out during class.
+ bicycling+
I've been talking about buying bike since July, been saving money since August, and looking occasionally since September. I just simply haven't bit the bullet.
What projects are you suspending until after the end-of-semester and holiday rush?
Thursday, December 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment