Sunday, February 24, 2008

post twenty. out and about

Week 1, Day 5
no run

Week 1, Day 6, Saturday February 23
I completed a small variation on the 6reps of walk/run. Here's what I did.
Walk 20 sec.
Run 1 min (1st rep)
Walk 3 mins.
Run 1 min (2nd rep)
Walk 3 mins.
Run 1 min (3rd rep)
Walk 3 mins.
Run 2 mins. (4 and 5th rep)
Walk 3 mins.
Run 2 mins. (6th and 7th? rep)
walk 2 mins.

This was a good workout, as I pushed myself a little bit further without overextending or hurting myself. I have no idea how far I ran, but I'm not at that stage yet. Right now I'm establishing the goal of running times a week. Week 1 was a success, so let's plan some goals for Week 2.

Make one of the last three reps (either 4,5,or 6) a 2 minute run 3x this week
Make one of the last three reps a run around a city block, which for me is approximately 3 mins.
Start a third rep of 8 for the machines that I can easily complete 2 reps of 20. (inner and outer thighs, lower back)

One week down, five to go

No comments: