Week 2, Day 1, Monday, February 25
I ran early this morning, less than thirty minutes after getting out of bed. I didn't attempt any of my 2 minute run goals, as I could feel my bones slightly ache during the third and fourth reps. According to Running for Mortals, the hardest part of making running a habit is letting your skeletal and muscular structures adjust to the impact. Running can be hard on your joints and bones; most injuries stem from running too much too soon and not paying attention to the small aches and tender places. The other danger, however, is psychological impact of being overly attentive to these adjustments, and letting the small, naturally occurring bumps and hurdles keep one from becoming a habitual runner. Today I felt the ache of my body attempting to readjust, so I just did the 6 reps of walk/runs, but I'm proud that I made the effort.
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment