Saturday, January 5, 2008

post number fifteen. this week in 2008

So I woke up at 8:30, Wednesday morning the 2nd, and made my way to the gym before 9:30. I lifted weights and completed the 6 rounds of walk-runs. And that is all of the exercise I've done this week, minus walking up the hill to the campus, library, and archives. While this is not the greatest start, it is better than nothing at all, and much more realistic than if I had worked out every day. Here is my weekly evaluation: three successes, three problems, and three potential solutions.

Successes:
1)I've been going to bed earlier, between 10:30 and 11:30 every night.

2)I've become more comfortable with a complex night routine; instead of briefly brushing my teeth and curling up under blankets and pillows, I save time if I simply go into the bathroom and wash my face, floss teeth, file nails, pluck eyebrows, and girly stuff before going to sleep. Giving myself plenty of time to take care of the small details means I don't stress about it in the morning.

3)Wednesday morning. It was a good, well-balanced workout.

Problems:
1)It's been really cold and dark at 6am this week, as in 4 degree wind chill and iced over puddles and duckponds.

2)I haven't been laying out exercise clothing at night.

3)I sleep in.

Solutions/ Next week's goals:
1) Wear socks and long sleeves to bed. The early morning whims of my appendages overwhelmed my groggy brain. If they're cold, it's a sound excuse to stay in my quilted cocoon.

2) Prepare the night before. Another expectation of my nightly routine that I haven't actually implemented.

3) Be asleep before 11 means I have to start winding down at 10.

No comments: