Friday, November 9, 2007

post thirteen. a good beginning

Today I did get up at 5:35, made it to the gym around 6:10, and completed my first walk-run cycle in nine days. I've been following the advice of Running for Mortals, and the first month of the walk-run program calls for a 24 minute workout. You walk for 3 minutes, and then run for one minute. Repeat for six times, and then cool down and stretch. It's working really well, as I don't have the double challenge of increasing my endurance while also developing a habit. When looking over past attempts, and there's been a lot in the past seven years, I stop trying to exercise when I have too much to balance with it.

And before signing in to check my e-mail, I finished my first homework goal of the day. Yay! Time for breakfast!

1 comment:

Amanda D Allen said...

That does sound like a good way to get started. I've always avoided running, and part of it is because I know I can't persist a full workout time-wise at any pace above brisk walk.