...to my large writing project that has dominated my long-term plans while lurking in the corners of my mind. I'm very excited about moving on with my life, and turning in the final draft of my thesis. There's so much I need to do before starting the fall semester, and I need time to figure things out, mainly what I've been doing wrong, and what steps I need to take to correct those failings. I've been making a list of these ideas, projects, and errands as they enter my consciousness, in order to stave off slackertivity. Slackertivity, apparently, is not a real word, but my brain is tired and I can't think off the top of my head what dictionary-approved word would be a better fit.
slackertivity:(n) 1. the art of filling up one's time with necessary but meaningless activities in order to avoid and procrastinate on the tasks one really must do, but neglects for a variety of psychological reasons, including, but not limited to: slothfulness, apathy, indifference, confusion, inability, et cetera. 2. the eight deadly sin, unique to the post-modern, post-industrial economy/world view/experience.
Maybe I should rename this blog?
Monday, July 21, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment