Sunday, March 1, 2009

3.1.9

I've been working on various assignments pretty much all day, and I still have major project to finish before bedtime. This week is going to be demanding, but it also holds the potential to fulfilling.

I worked out this afternoon, instead of Monday morning, since I have to be on-campus oh-so-early. It felt good, though, to be starting Week Two, Day Three of 100 push-up challenge. The last set of 8 push-ups was a challenge, but the first four reps almost didn't feel like a work-out. Yay!

I'm modifying the vegetarian experiment to eating dinners with meat besides fish or shrimp. So I'm firmly in the flexitarian camp, right now. I also need to clean out my fridge, so I can cook NEXT WEEKEND. Or maybe Wednesday.

I'm on an intramural softball team consisting mostly of grad students in my department. They needed another girl, and I need to get out more. So on snowy, wintery Saturday, the boyfriend bought me a softball glove and a softball for Christmas. Yes, I realize that Saturday was FEBRUARY 28TH. Truly, it's the thought that counts. I held off on receiving a random gift at Christmastime, as I honestly did not know what I wanted. (Besides a kitty tower for Izzy.) When I mentioned I had been asked to play softball and seriously considered doing so, he said, "I'll get you a glove for your Christmas gift." I said, "Ok. That's a good idea." I looked for a picture of my glove, but can't find one on-line. Well, I'll have to take a picture of it-- and the bright pink softball.* Right field, here I come!

I spent too much time looking for an image of my glove, so I need to do other things besides procrastinate.

10 Things Happy Things:
10. the bright pink softball
9. the new softball glove
8. practicing for softball, rather than just showing up for random games, which sometimes happen with intramurals
7. Tiny Tim's Pizza
6. Izzy
5. finishing several tasks before Monday. yay!
4. volunteering with Shiloh Museum (more on that later)
3. beautiful, large snowflakes
2. Netflix
1. showers and hairdryers


*I'm not sharing my bright pink softball with the team. We both felt silly getting a glove, but not a ball.

No comments: